My name is Jessica, I am an aspiring chef living in Orlando, and trying to learn, gain experience and become a chef, caterer and entrepreneur.
I catered this weekend!!
|Seafood Pasta salad|
On the menu there was Seafood Pasta Salad tossed in pesto mayo with bow tie pasta, two types of chicken wings, vegetarian pasta tossed garlic aioli with fresh cut asparagus, grape tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. (Yummo) and lastly chocolate covered strawberries as dessert.
Though fun and stressful, I loved every minute of it and look forward to more events.
|Chocolate Covered Strawberries|
It's great to do something that you have a passion for and get paid to do it!
Quick Recipe for Fresh Pesto
- 3 /4 c. Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 garlic bulb (use less garlic if desired)
- 12-15 leaves of Basil
- Use a food processor add toasted pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and basil blend till roughly blended (not silky smooth) while drizzling most of the EVOO
- Add salt and pepper to preferred taste
- Put in a jar, add last bits of EVOO to top and put in fridge
Till Next Time