Feburarries!




Hi Guys!


I was really craving berries and as I walked around my local produce store I saw oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries,and blackberries everywhere. Excited I realized that it is the season for citrus and berries and I loooove them both. I grabbed a bag of tangelos and a couple packages of fresh berries then headed to the cashier. I figured that I wont be able to eat all of them, so why not create something? Out birthed the idea of a Tangelo Berry Crepe topped with Salted Carmel Butter Pecan Ice cream

Now for a little back story a Tangelo is a cross between tangerine and grapefruit or a pomelo. It is a very sweet and juicy citrus fruit. Tangelo is not only great on the taste buds but can step up almost any dish and make it an experience. 

Crepe's are so easy to make and can be made into a savory or sweet entrée, brunch, breakfast or dessert item.

The recipe for Tangelo Berry Crepe w/ Salted Carmel Butter Pecan Ice Cream goes as follows:
 *The only thing I did differently was add 1tsp vanilla extract and used soy milk


Tangelo Berry Filling
  • 2 Cups mixed berries frozen/fresh (thawed)
  • 1 Tangelo juiced + 1/2 tangelo in a separate bowl
  • Tangelo Zest
  • 1/2 Cup sugar 
  • 1 Tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 Tsp salt
  • 1 Tbs cornstarch
  • 1Tsp all spice
 In a bowl mix berries, tangelo juice, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, toss and let sit for 20 minutes. Place a pan on the burner on medium and toss in berry mixture. In a smaller bowl mix cornstarch and 1/2 tangelo juice together, when berry mix starts bubbling add cornstarch mixture. When the berry mixture has thickened turn off burner. Remove from burner and let it cool.

Take a plate, roll the crapes, top with cooled berry mixture ice cream, powdered sugar and enjoy!




 
Till Next Week,
Happy Manjè (eating)

Comments

Popular Posts