Spring Is in the Air!



Hello Guys!
   Long time no see! I got distracted with work, school and life but now I'm back and ready to share and post. I hope your ready because I sure am!
 
 This week I decided to relinquish the details to a Chickpea Sandwich with Cabbage and Carrot Relish. I actually forgot that I made this until I was looking through my phone and saw that I had this picture. It was from the Daniel Fast and was extremely tastey and healthy. However since the fast is over I tweaked the recipe so that the relish is a little sweeter.

The recipe goes as follows:
Chickpea Sandwich
   Ingredients:
  • 1 Can of Chickpeas
  • 1/4c of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1tbs Cumin
  • 1tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
  • 1/2 Lemon Juiced
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1/2c of Grape Tomatoes
  • 1/2c Diced Onions
  • 1 Avocado Sliced (For the end)
  • 1 Sliced Green Onion (For the end) 
Directions:
In a bowl add all ingredients except for green onion. and let sit for about 10-15 minutes. Afterwards heat up a sauté pan and toss in all contents of the bowl. Sauté the mix for about 7 minutes then turn off heat.

Cabbage and Carrot Relish
   Ingredients:
  • 1 Bag of Cabbage and Carrots
  • 2oz of Cilantro Chopped Finely
  • 1 Lemon Juiced & Zest
  • 2oz Honey
  • 1/4c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Bowl
  • Wisk
Directions:
 In a bowl pour in honey, lemon juice, cilantro, and slowly drizzle in oil and whisk. When the consistency is smooth and even, about 3 minutes toss in cabbage and lemon zest.

On a whole wheat flat bread or tortilla wrap place sliced avocados, Chickpea mixture topped with green onion then Cabbage and Carrot Relish if desired or eat it as a salad on the side.




 Till Next Week,
 Happy Manjè (eating)


Comments

Popular Posts