Guess Who's Waiting For You






Hi Guys, 


A few weeks ago, I was reading Isaiah 30 (NLT) and it dawned on me that I tend to act like the people of Judah did, SELF-CENTERED. Quick back story: the people of Judah at this time were being attacked from every side and were looking for refuge. Disobedience and the worship of false man made gods were keeping them separate from God and were keeping them trapped in His anger. Instead of turning to God, repenting, and asking for help, they chose to go to Egypt... the place in which they were FREED from decades before. (I'm sure you know the story of Moses, the book of Exodus, and Joshua 21: 43-45).

Reading it I've wondered "Why would anyone want to go back to the place they've begged to leave and get freedom from? A place that left scars and heartache, not to mention a miserable life? How can God still love and want them?" At that moment I remembered that I have been there. I've begged God to help me get out of something, remove a hardship from me, or help me to not entertain a thought or person anymore and He has always come through; but then I go back to it. I stay there hiding and enjoying my foolishness that displeases God because deep down I believe that it is better then trusting God and His plan, all because I do not see the outcome I desire. However this fallacy, false sense of security, is doing nothing but building a self made barrier between me and the one who LOVES me.

I've realized in reading Isaiah 30, that God still LOVES me and is WAITING on me to come to him in repentance of my sin with the very thing/person I hold on to that displeases Him. In doing this, He can continue to show me His love and compassion while removing that thing/person from me and from my destiny. In this time He's giving me more then I could imagine, peace and rest, all while gradually changing my desires to His desires for me. In addition to all that He's done thus far, He's making me more like Him and taking care of ALL OF MY NEEDS consistently.

I encourage you to go back to God, repent, and let him restore and fill you while showing you His compassion and His LOVE for you. He is waiting for you, He must wait for you.....

Isaiah 30:15 & 18New Living Translation (NLT)

15 This is what the Sovereign Lord,
    the Holy One of Israel, says:
“Only in returning to me
    and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.
    But you would have none of it.

18 So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
    so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God.
    Blessed are those who wait for his help.

Till Next time,
Happy Manjé


Picture Credit: http://www.travelmedianinja.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/sunset-1.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts