Fall Time Soup Time!


Hi Guys,
It's officially fall and I am soo happy about it! I can't wait for the weather to start getting a little cooler in South Florida so that I could leave my windows open at night. In addition this weather change signifies soup season. I absolutely adore soups and appreciate their simplicity and diversity. I am challenging myself to make a few varieties of soup this month through October, I will post my favorites on this blog, beginning with this one.

To commemorate the first week of fall I made an Amber Autumn Soup with spinach, roasted chicken, and sweet potatoes. It was a major hit with my friends the other night when I made it for our get together. I hope you guys find it just as delicious as they did.


The recipe goes as follows:
Amber Autumn Soup
 Ingredients:

  • 3-Medium Sweet Potatoes (peeled & chopped medium)
  • 1-Onion small diced
  • 3-Cloves of Garlic minced 
  • 2-Cups Fresh Spinach 
  • 1-Bay leave
  • 1/2- A Whole Roasted Chicken (pulled apart)
  • 3-Tbs oil 
  • 3-Cups Chicken Stock
  • Salt & Pepper
Direction

In a pot heat up oil toss in garlic till fragrant then sweat onions and add sweet potatoes, bay leaf, add in chicken stock. Place heat on medium and let simmer till sweet potatoes are soft. Using a blender carefully blend 75% of the contents in the pot till smooth( you can blend all of it, if you desire a smooth texture). THE SOUP WILL BE HOT BE CAREFUL. Add blended portion back to pot, stir, season and taste. Add in spinach and pulled chicken stir till everything is evenly hot tempered, plate then serve. I garnished with green onions, however croutons, pesto, or sour cream are all great garnishes as well.

I guarantee this soup will be a hit to all who partake and a staple for you this fall.

Till Next Time
Bon Manjè




Comments

Popular Posts