Monday, September 7, 2015

Swai Your salad




Hi Guys,
Can you believe that its almost Fall? I am excited because Florida really only has two seasons Summer 80% of the time and Fall the other 20%. This will be a welcomed change. however since it has not arrived, the Summer sun will still be enjoyed by me, which is why I have been eating lighter these days and incorporating more salads into my diet.

The other week I had an amazing salad at work with kale greens,tomatoes cheese and a nice vinaigrette topped with Oven Baked Garlic Butter Swai. Swai is one of my favorite lighter fish to eat but it gets boring,so here is a recipe to switch it up. The recipe I am about to share can be used for all fish and poultry if you choose.

The recipe goes as follows:
Oven Baked Garlic Bitter Swai

  • 1-2 Portions of Swai 
  • 4-Tbs Garlic Butter (recipe Below)
  • Chef Paul's Blackening seasoning  
  • Salt & pepper 
  • Parmesan Cheese 
Directions:
 Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with olive oil, take Sawi fillet sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Then add blackening seasoning and place in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and place 2 tsp of garlic butter on the top then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown, then serve.

Garlic Butter:
  • 2-Stick of Unsalted Butter 
  • 4-Garlic Clove (minced)
  • 2-Tbs Fresh Parsley (minced) 
  • 2-tsp Salt 
  • Parchment Paper
Directions:
 Remove butter from fridge and let it soften at room temperature for about 5 minutes. Place in a mixing bowl, blend till smooth with salt. Remove soften butter, place in a bowl and add parsley and garlic. Add garlic butter mix to center of parchment paper and tighten the ends and gently roll till a long circle shape is created, then place in the fridge to harden.

Bon Manje

No comments:

Post a Comment